A very negative review of the two-and-a-half-hour commercial for Avengers: Age of Ultron that goes by the title Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Anthony Russo/Joe Russo, USA 2014) will be coming later on. The previews were mostly ones I had seen before, but I’ll try doing this again anyway.
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Bryan Singer, USA/UK 2014)
- I’ve seen this trailer every time I have gone and I haven’t really had anything to say about it, but it is actually an impressive trailer. I’m still not going to watch it, but, hey, whoever made the trailer deserves credit.
- I still remember when Bryan Singer was a real director.
Blended (Frank Coraci, USA 2014)
- The only funny thing in this trailer is someone trying to claim that Drew Barrymore is “hot.”
- I’m not at all surprised that there is nothing intentionally funny in this trailer.
- Did they try to get every single relationship comedy cliche possible into one movie?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Jonathan Liebesman, USA 2014)
- Nickelodeon Movies? Uh-oh.
- From producer Michael Bay? Even worse.
- Are they really trying to make a TMNT movie and be serious? Do they not know that the turtles were invented as a spoof??!!!
- I have never once seen Megan Fox in a movie. I still won’t.
Guardians of the Galaxy (James Gunn, USA 2014)
- I still enjoy this trailer.
- Chris Pratt is just magnetic, seriously. It’s just an unfair advantage to be that charismatic.
- I paid specific attention: There is no evidence of the event involving Karen Gillan that shall not be mentioned on this blog in this trailer.